Angular - One framework. Mobile & desktop.
Angular (commonly referred to as "Angular 2+" or just "Angular") is a TypeScript-based open-source front-end web application platform led by the Angular Team. It aims to address all of the parts of the developer's workflow while building complex web applications. Angular is a complete rewrite from the same team that built AngularJS.
Angular 2+ is completely different from its predecessor - AngularJS 1.x version. Following are few major changes
- Component based design with proper data flow & interactions. Avoids confusion that was raised by $scope vs this keyword in 1.x versions.
- Uses ZoneJs to provide a proper error message with call stack, profiling or measuring the performances across multiple async operations
- Uses RxJs that provides observables which helps to treat the asynchronous calls just like normal method calls.
- Faster change detection using directed graph structures compared to Angular 1.x which uses a slower dirty checking.
- Now comes up with support for server side rendering using Angular Universal project. This improves SEO values of the angular generated pages.
- Better coding experience with typescript